During this 2012 holiday season, I want to take a moment to thank all of you that have joined Clique In in our bullying prevention efforts.
Yet, it saddens me to say that we are not moving fast enough to help our students in need. Since I started this organization in 2009 over 70 students have committed suicide because of bullying in the United States alone. This is just the tip of the iceberg, there are many more students being severely damaged due to bullying every day. I am asking all of you to please help Clique In prevent bullying in our schools.
You can support Clique In by doing the following things:
1) Ask questions. Talk to your children about bullying in all of its forms. You cannot assume your children will tell you they are being bullied. Some parents only learned the severity of the problem when their child committed suicide.
2) Explain the issues. Please help your children understand the impact they can have on other students. I often hear students say, “I was just joking.” Unfortunately, the victim didn’t get the joke. None of us know when a person will hear one too many jokes at their expense.
3) Donate. Please help Clique In provide behavior modification systems to our schools by making a tax deductible donation to Clique In at www.cliquein.org.
4) Forward. Please pass this message on to your friends, family and social connections; and
5) Remember. Please take moment to remember the many students and their families we have lost due to bullying:
Brendan Clarke, 15; Zach Harrington, 19; Graham Kapowsin, 17; Jeremy Wise, 14; Brittany Helton, 19; Corey Jackson, 19; Raymond Chase, 19; Jesse Buchsbaum, 17; Scott Walz, 18; Felix Sacco, 17; Cody Barker, 17; Christian Taylor, 16; Alexis Pilkington, 17; Edward Collier, 16; Justin Ciaberg, 15; Harrison Brown, 15; Billy Lucas, 15; Alex More, 15; Ashley Rogers, 15; Phoebe Prince, 14; Samantha Kelly, 15; Brandon Bitner, 14; Jamarcus Bell, 14; Caleb Nolt, 14; Seth Walsh, 13; Asher Brown, 13; Jon Carmichael, 13; Kimberly Linczeski, 12; Ernest Fuller, 12; Ty Smalley, 11; Celina Okwvone, 11; Montana Lance, 9; James Robinson, 15; Ben Lewis, 15; Joseph Mendes, 15; Jasmine McClain, 10; Courtney Brown,17; Eden Wormer, 14; Tiffani Maxwell, 17; Lance Lundsten, 18; Dajia Lee, 12; Ashlynn Conner, 10; Nicholas Kelo, Jr., 11; Jamey Rodemeyer, 14; Haylee Fentress, 14; Paige
Moravetz, 14; Kameron Jacobsen, 14; Rhianna Morawitz, 14; Lennon Baldwin, 15; Kenneth Weishon, Jr., 14; Amanda Cummings, 15; Jack
Reese, 15; Corey Jones, 17; Rachel Ehmke, 13; Felicia Garcia, 15; Joel Morales, 12; Lennon Baldwin, 15; Cade Poulos, 13; Ashley McIntyre, 16;Josh
Pacheco, 17; David Phan, 14; Teddy Molina, 18; Kyle Wells, 16; Zusette Moreno, 12; Dustin VanLaningham, 17; Tori Swoape, 17; Lucas Bumgarner; Matthew Montagna, 16; Amanda Todd, CN; Morgan Musson, 13, UK; 13 year old in Otsu Japan (name not released); Erin Gallagher, 13, UK; Tommy
Thompson, 11, UK; Karl Peart,16, UK and Gemma Dimmick, 15, UK
Thank you for life saving assistance.